Dedicated task and result-oriented professional in the finance field with over 35 years career in the hospitality industry, holding senior-level positions heavily focused in accounting practices and financial analytics. Have held key finance positions with ownerships including Racal Milgo Electronics, gaining valuable experience in vendor management and global financial reporting (South America & Far East Regions), ASTY SA – Hotels & Tourism Enterprises as a CFO and Marriott International Hotels & Resorts –as a Director of Finance for 13 years and Chairman of the Board of the Marriott Management Company in Greece. Since 2016, have earned valuable experience as a free-lance Hospitality Business Consultant and Managing Director of HMTC Ltd, a hospitality consultancy company based in London. Undertaken consulting projects amongst others include, hotel business restructuring, rooms revenue management systems and controls implementation, streamlining F&B operations to become profitable, implementation of internal controls and SOPs, Business Plans, hotel revenue & profit margins growth, feasibility studies, hospitality shopping services, operating efficiency assessment, etc.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS and KEY BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE
- Exceptional knowledge of hotels operations and financial structure
- Thorough knowledge on Business Plan, Business Forecasts and 5-year financial plan, CAPEX Budgets, ROI capital projects management, Business Restructuring, Market and Competition Analysis, Marketing Tools, Revenue and GOP Growth Techniques
- Taskforce assignments: hotel openings, staff training, internal controls, standard operating procedures, costs controls, mystery shops, streamlining F&B operations, sales growth strategies, and rooms revenue management – RevPar.
- Successful projects and achievements include: Hotel extensions, property renovations, business restructuring, property management systems, etc.
- Compliance with high business hotel industry standards, close monitoring competition, and processes towards meeting customer expectations.